Sunday, February 12, 2012

Pink and Pearls

I have not always been a big fan of Valentine's day. In fact, my sadness over being single used to manifest itself into a deep seeded hatred for the entire month of February. Even grocery shopping would make me grumpy as I was bombarded by displays of pink and red hearts stacked with cheesy gifts that I would not be receiving. If I happened to be in a relationship during February, I had a difficult time participating in what I used to consider such a shallow "holiday." I didn't understand the concept of waiting until mid-February to tell your loved ones how you felt. Why not do it year round?

My thoughts on the "holiday" did not change until I met the man who showed me how to embrace romance, how to spoil and how to be spoiled at all times of the year. This man is the type of person who makes his cards by hand rather than buy them at the store. One of my favorites was this card from our very first Valentine's Day together.  He wrote out every thing that he loved about me and included them in little strips inside of the card. There were hundreds of little strips of paper to read through. It was the sweetest thing anyone had ever made for me.

This lovely gentleman that I speak of is now my husband. As cliché as it sounds, meeting him was the best thing that could ever happen to me. Perhaps one day I will share our love story, but for now, I'll leave you with photos of what I wore during one of our many romantic nights this weekend where we spoiled ourselves silly.


  • Dress:
    I found this at the Forever 21 in Austin, but can't seem to find it on their website. It cost $23. 
  • Teeny Tiny Clutch:
    I got this from the thrift store ages ago for $1. I love it because it is small but big enough to hold my phone, small compact and lipstick for touch ups. I usually prefer giant clutches, but this one works for a romantic dinner out when wearing a dress that does not have pockets.
  • Necklace:
    I recently purchased this faux pearl necklace at JCP for upcoming job interviews, but find myself wearing it all of the time now. I love it!
  • Shoes:
    These patent black pumps have been a staple in my wardrobe for over 4 years now. I found them in a wide width at Payless, but I will admit that they are not the most comfortable shoes. I usually wear them with inserts and only wear them on days when I know I will not be on my feet for very long.




What are your plans for Valentine's Day? 

6 comments :

  1. Love this dress! I love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my favorite posts. I know that sense that your view of the whole world changed when you met The One. I was the opposite of you, I was always a "relationship" girl, but I still get that feeling that I was just passing the time until I met my husband. He's The One...at least for me.

    Also, your look is just gorgeous! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diana! This is Audrea, from the Texas Style Council! I wanted to share with you my article I wrote on TxSC. Hope you enjoy it (the link is attached to my name)

    I am so blessed to have met you, you're amazing just for being you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful dress, pose and tale :)

    I'd love to hear the story of how your husband & you came together.....I'm single, plus size and loveless and it really gets me down sometimes :(
    Need to stop determining my worth on my size I guess?

    I think you're a beautiful, intelligent, capable woman and I am inspired by you

    XOX

    ReplyDelete