Saturday, February 11, 2012

Comfy and Casual

Austin weather has been very unpredictable lately. I have been wearing clothes that keep me warm as I trek across campus, but that will not leave me sweating inside the classrooms. This outfit is perfect in that it keeps me warm and comfortable without being too hot.

Please excuse the squint. It was such a pretty, sunny day! <3


  • Blouse: 
    This Chevron-Stripe-ish blouse was something I found by complete accident at Dots recently. It was calling my name from the clearance rack where I got it for $8! It is a very lightweight, transparent chiffon that can be worn open and free or tied in a knot.
  • Cami: 
    I get all of my layering camies from Forever 21. They are the best quality for the price. They're only $3.80!
  • Jeans:
    These skinny jeans are from Old Navy. I bought them on sale last year and have proven to be a very good investment. I wear them very often, and they have not yet suffered the doom of the Chub Rub. They are skinny enough at the ankle that they easily fit inside of my boots.
  • Boots:
    Did you know that F21 carried wide-width boots now? I found these boots at Forever 21 while on my honeymoon in Hawaii back in December! They aren't real leather, but I am impressed with their durability and wide calf. They are also water resistant, which has been tremendously useful this winter! I wear them a LOT!
  • Necklace:
    I found this adorable wooden guitar necklace at F21 for $1.50.
  • Bangles:
    I found these at Dots for 50% off. They carry plus-sized bracelets for a fraction of the cost that you'd find them at Lane Bryant or Avenue.
  • Bag:
    This turquoise bag was a gift from my little brother last Christmas. I am totally clueless about its origin.


You can see the details of the patterned blouse, as well as its sheerness.

It was really windy outside, so my hair would occasionally fly away from my head, leaving me looking rather crazy. Here's proof.


What do you wear for unpredictable weather? 

No comments :

Post a Comment